Internships – Spring 2017
Muflehun offers select internship opportunities at its DC office to support research, program design and implementation. Please see details below to send your cover letter and resume to HR@muflehun.org or apply via idealist.
Muflehun is an independent non-profit organization at the nexus of society, security and technology. Our mission is to cultivate values and acumen of youth to be exemplars of a peaceful and inclusive global society.
Muflehun is a resource center in the Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism (P/CVE) arena by:
- Conducting research and analysis of current violent extremism challenges, identifying root problems and designing relevant solutions
- Applying learnings from research and analysis to pilot local programs
- Sharing lessons with partner organizations and providing support in their capacity building for adapting and delivering localized versions of the programs
- Regularly providing analyses and learning to policy makers for improved macro level decisions
We serve as strategic advisors to DC insiders as well as to decision makers outside USA. Our P/CVE framework is now accepted in many decision making circles and our programs have been tested in several countries demonstrating their flexibility and adaptability to local needs.
- Provide research support on P/CVE trends and needs
- Participate in designing and customizing programs to be rolled out within USA
- Assist with social media and communications outreach
- Write briefs, policy papers and reports
- Research grants, funding opportunities, and fundraising strategies
- Help plan fundraising meetings and events
- Strong career interest in non-profit sector
- Enthusiasm for Muflehun’s mission
- Genuine interest in learning about and contributing to domestic and international P/CVE efforts
- Firm knowledge base of international affairs and global conflict issues
- Demonstrate analytical skills, entrepreneurship and can-do attitude
- Social media skills and deep understanding of the strategic utilization of several platforms. Graphics and video-making skills strongly preferred.
- Student in undergraduate junior or senior year or enrolled in a graduate program. Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Flexible starting date
- Volunteer, unpaid position with a minimum of 10 weeks commitment
- Fixed value stipend for city public transport
Please send your resume to HR@muflehun.org
There are no staff openings at this time.